Recently, Avast introduced Avast secure browser that is the latest and improved version of Avast SafeZone browser. It has security and privacy center features, which is a collection of several tools and features. It generally helps you to manage and understand your online activity as well as safety. While accessing Avast Secure browser sometimes, Avast secure browser update error may occur. But, you don’t need to if you come across with this error. You can take Avast Tech Support assistance to eliminate this issue from the root. It is completely reliable and here your problem will be exterminated within a pinch.
Avast Secure Browser automatically retrieves updates in order to protect your online security and privacy. To verify that you are using updated version of Avast Secure Browser, please follow these steps.
- In the top right corner of Avast secure browser window, click on the menu icon.
- Click on the “Help and About Avast Secure Browser” and then go to About Avast Secure Browser.
- From this About Avast Secure Browser screen, you can check whether your Secure Browser is up-to-date or not and also see your current version number.
If your Avast Secure browser is unable to retrieve updates, you might see some error messages like:
- All the updates are disabled by administrator.
- Update server not available.
- Update check failed to start.
- Download failed.
- Update failed
If you see any of the error messages that are mentioned above, then try below stated fixes:
Install Avast Secure Browser again
It is possible that due to some error few files are missing on your computer. To resolve this issue simply install Avast secure browser again.
- With the administrator permissions log in to windows as a user
- Uninstall or remove completely your Avast Secure Browser.
- Reinstall Avast Secure browser in your PC and before that ensure your computer meets the system requirements.
- If the error still continues to appear, then try standalone installer to reinstall Avast Secure Browser in your PC.
Reboot your PC
- By following the above steps, there is possibility that update might not have completed. So, try rebooting your PC and then check whether Avast secure browser version is up-to-date or not.
Check for malware
Unnecessary or hazardous malware might prevent Avast Secure Browser from updating appropriately. So, you need to scan and remove harmful software using Avast Antivirus:
- Open user interface of Avast Antivirus and tap on protection
- From this protection tab, click on scans
- To check your PC for unnecessary malware, run a full virus scan
- This can take several minutes to complete. Once it’s done, you can see if any issue is present on your PC and choose an action. Actions are, permanently delete the malicious file, repair the file and move file to virus chest.
After trying above measures, if Avast Secure Browser is still not able to receive updates or continue to show browser update issues, then we suggest you dial Avast Tech Support Number. After dialing this number, you need to make contact with one of the tech-savvy person, who will provide you the easiest and safest method to resolve update problems.